Basic checks will go a long way to help you save energy – the type of light bulbs you are using, insulation in windows and doors, automated lights switching, etc. For example in the UK kettles that take too long to boil water generate extra £60+ million per year in energy spending.
- Switch off computer displays when not in use, especially overnight or at the weekend
- Switch off the lights when everyone has gone home.
- Use light sensors that automatically turn off when no one is in the room
- Insulation massively improves business energy efficiency within.
- Change light bulbs. There are two main varieties of energy-efficient light bulbs on the market – Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) and the more popular choice, Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).
- Use printers less.