Step 1. Carry out your Change of Tenancy (COT) / Change of Occupancy (COO)
- Take a clear picture of the meter reading from the date you occupied the new premises
- Find out your current energy supplier from Energy Distribution Network.
- Request a Change of Tenancy (“COT”)/Change of Ownership (“COO”) form from the supplier
Change of Tenancy – communicating with the energy company
- Complete the Change of Tenancy or the Change of Ownership form
- Make a copy of the lease agreement or letter from the landlord about your new tenancy
- Send the Change of Tenancy or the Change of Ownership form plus a copy of the lease or landlord letter to the current energy supplier
- For your convenience we have listed in this FAQ:
- Our Change of Tenancy letter template tool.
- A list of energy companies' addresses. You can find contact details for energy companies here.
- It is a good idea to call the energy company before you send the change of tenancy documents. We also recommend using recorded post.
- A check list of what to include before you send the letter
Step 2. Time to shop around for the best rates
- Have the meter and current supplier information at hand.
- Please estimate how much energy you will use in kWh during the year. You can use our handy slider at EnergyBillKill.com to estimate based on your spend.
- Use the EnergyBillKill.com app to see the best rates we can get for you.
- Check out direct quotes from energy companies. EnergyBillKill.com has the links.
- EnergyBillKill.com usually finds best deals. Beat us if you can!
Step 3: Ready to switch
- Please use the EnergyBillKill.com app to switch (iOS, Android & Web (ex. Explorer).
- Everything is done inside the app, including signing all the switching documents etc.
- EnergyBillKill.com sends all your signed contracts to the energy companies
- Energy companies perform credit checks for your business
- It takes 3-5 weeks to activate the new contract after the credit checks are passed.
Please feel free to reach out and visit our FAQ page.
Quickly set up your change of tenancy letter for the energy company
If you have just moved into new premises it is important to notify your business energy company. Check out our quick change of tenancy tool to help you get it done.
Change of Tenancy Energy Companies’ Addresses
British Gas Change of Tenancy Contact Address
British Gas Business Ltd.
FTAO Terminations Team
British Gas Business
Penman Way, Grove Park
Leicester, LE19 1SZ
CNG Change of Tenancy Contact Address
Contract Natural Gas Ltd.
5 Victoria Avenue, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Corona Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Address
Edward Hyde Building
38 Clarendon Road
Watford, WD17 1JW
Crown Gas & Power Change of Tenancy Contact Address
Crown Gas & Power
The Oil Centre
Bury New Road
Bury, BL9 7HY
Dual Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Address
FTAO Price Review
Worthing, BN11 2BJ
Ecotricity Change of Tenancy Contact Details
FAO Business Team
7 Russell Street
Stroud, GL5 3AX
EDF Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
SME Sales Team
Exeter, EX2 7WN
EON Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Business Customer Service
PO Box 2010
Nottingham, NG1 9GQ
Gazprom Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
FTAO Customer Services
27 Quay Street
Manchester, M3 3GY
GDF Suez (Engie) Change of Tenancy Contact Details
GDF SUEZ Energy UK
26 Whitehall Road
Leeds, LS12 1BE
Good Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1EE
Haven Power Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Haven Power Ltd.
32 The Havens
Ipswich, IP3 9SJ
Hudson Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Elder House 3rd Floor,
586-592 Elder Gate
Central Milton Keynes, MK9 1LR, UK
LoCO2 Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
LoCO2 Energy Ltd (Solarplicity)
Batchworth Lock House
99 Church Street
Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 1JJ
Npower Change of Tenancy Contact Details
(NPower are to merge with EON. Read about it here.)
The Correspondence Team
Bridge House 200 Clough Road
Hull, HU5 1SN
Opus Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Opus Energy Ltd
2 Summerhouse Road
Moulton Park Northampton, NN3 6BJ
Orsted Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Address
5 Howick Place
Ovo Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
40 St. Thomas
Bristol, BS1 6JX
Regent Gas Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Regent Gas Ltd
House Kendal Avenue
London, W3 0XA
Scottish Power Change of Tenancy Contact Details
SME Contracts Manager
Section 11, Zone 23
Cathcart Business Park
Glasgow, G44 4GP
Smartest Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
15-17 Russell Road
Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 2DE
SSE Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Scottish & Southern Energy
PO Box 6302
Total Gas & Power Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Total Gas & Power
55-57 High Street
Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1RX
Yu Energy Change of Tenancy Contact Details
Unit 2, Horizon Place,
Nottingham, NG8 6PY”